Would you like to benefit from the unique features of this tool? It also allows to create decorative things. Know about the top 5 jigsaws here.
The benefit of this tool is that you can use it to do different kinds of complex woodworking tasks. A professional master and a beginner can use a jigsaw. But what tool to select relies on the wood work required?
To get a good tool, you have to be familiar which functions a jigsaws can perform. Know its benefits over the hand saw:
- With this tool, you can not only make direct cuts. But, you can make curly cuts also in the wood.
- Jigsaws can make holes in a range of ways.
- Electric jigsaws can make cuts almost in any material. This can be used to cut metal, tile or wood. The cutting quality remains unchanged.
- The electric jigsaws for the woodworking at home can be chosen not as the most powerful. It will handle all the resulting housework.
- Buyers of the tool find that working with it is much more appropriate than with handy saw.
Home and professional jigsaws
The selection of the jigsaw relies on the skill of its prospective owner. It is usual to differentiate between professional and domestic tools.
- They are different with small power.
- The selection of extra characteristics is small.
- They are comfortable working with wood with 7 cm thickness. To wood of higher thickness needs higher powerful tool.
- Cuts steel well, up to 4 mm thick.
- It is suggested to use this tool for a maximum of 20 hours per month.
- The price tag of this tool is very less than that of other professional tools.
- Very powerful tools, capable of working with heavy load during work.
- Suitable to cut wood of 13.5 cm thick.
- It can make cuts in steel of the 0.2 centimeters thickness.
- The price tag of this professional tool will rely on extra features and brand name.
Top 5 Jigsaws
In the classification of electric jigsaws, we consider appliance brands and models. We will not mention the cost, we will talk about this later. Our task now will be to know about top 5 jigsaws.
This is a good and cheap option. However, the tool quality is not lower to the other models. Small deviations from the saw don’t affect with work. They just familiarize to the tool. The major aspect is that this tool enables you to work fast.
- The saw can move at a speed of 3,000 SPM.
- It has small dimensions and weight.
- “P” shaped pen.
- Good equipment.
- The case of the tool isn’t of very high quality.
- The power of its motor is only 18 volt powered by battery.
When you will use this model, you may not believe your eyes. This configuration at this price caused concern. But after thinking about it, you will buy this jigsaw. Obviously, this is not an ideal option, it is difficult to change the saws on it. But for the price, the tool is great.
This company’s devices have always been differentiated by reliability and high-power. This tool has no exception:
- Nice design.
- Reasonable price.
- Convenient saw replacement.
- The saw can move at a speed of 3,000 SPM (variable).
- The “P” shaped handle, which is suitable to work with.
- High quality sole.
- There is a vibration suppression system.
- Small equipment.
- There is no pendulum movement.
Although this tool is in third place, you can’t call it bad. Others haven’t made it into the TOP-5. Its 6.5 amp motor has good power to cut a thicker wood or other material. Its blade is easily changeable without any key. It also offers 4 levels of speeds to make different types of cuts. The variable speed limit is 500 to 3100 SPM.
Its gripping handle is enough bigger for smooth operation. You can also make cuts at different angles such as 15, 30 & 45 degree.
This electric saw can compete for a higher place. But, with a power of 650 W and a cutting depth of just 80 mm, it’s not possible. The tool weighs 4 ounces. Buyers observe nice and smooth work. When sawing wood with a thickness greater than 50 mm, the blade keeps stable.
It also include blower to keep clear the cut line. The comfortable handle and 2 finger trigger offers smooth work. The lock-on button also offers continues operation.
It is a powerful unit at 6 amp corded model. This tool has 7 levels of speed using a speed dial control. It in addition, it has 4 orbital settings for different types of materials. The weight is about 6 pound. Among the benefits, the user observes very less vibration. The reason is its high weight.
Which jigsaws to choose and what to look for when buying
Before choosing an electrical jigsaw for a home, in addition to energy, you should pay attention to:
- The maximum stroke frequency: Sufficient for operation will be a frequency of 3,000 – 3,200 strokes per minute.
- Cutting depth: This parameter determines the thickness of the material that the tool can cut;
- Additional functions: Adjustment of the angle of inclination of the sole, soft start, maintaining speed under load, blowing system, backlight or laser cutting.
When purchasing electrical equipment, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the product’s certification. Also, check the terms and conditions of the seller-consultant’s warranty service. The device must be in perfect condition, without cracks or scratches. Quality equipment is supplied by the manufacturer in plastic cases.
Verify the operability of the tool in the store. The seller must complete the warranty card with the buyer, date of sale and the seal. If at least one of these conditions is not met, it is better to refuse the purchase. Even a cheap model can ruin your mood if it stops working on the second day.
To choose a tool with desirable quality, you have to know the standard of your woodworking job. In addition, it’s of great importance to know the purpose of purchase. Usually, the features of a domestic jigsaw are sufficient for the general user. If you seriously want to work with cutting material, you will need a tool with professional features.