Do you want to be comfortable and satisfied with the investment of a miter saw? Buy one that can offer good results. Know the tips when buying a miter saw.
Therefore, you will be able to analyze all the characteristics of miter saw. And decide on the best model and make the purchase of an excellent tool.
Read also – Top 5 Miter Saws –Woodworking Tools
Tips and precautions before buying a miter saw
The first advice is based on the precaution to be taken. Why do you have to take precautions? Simply because the miter saws are tools that, although they help simplify excellent work. They are of high danger and can cause accidents directly on your body.
The whole body is exposed to the discs of cuts that rotate at high speed. The fingers, hands and face are some of the most exposed body parts in this case.
You must be very aware when you are using a high-power miter saw. Never expose your body to the cutting discs so you must protect yourself. The sliding saws are more vulnerable to accidents than stable saws.
When working with long-range miter saw, always keep a distance between the material and the cutting disc. The saw may eject pieces unexpectedly on your face.
The cutting head is never extracted towards the body. Keep it always towards the opposite side.
When you are making short-range cuts, make sure you have good vision and enough lighting. So, you can determine the small cut that is being made and avoid damaging others. It can damage the material or even cutting more than is due.
Never place your hand as a guide between the cutting blade and the material. The distance between them is very short and the saw is very powerful.
Saws by their way of use
- The manual saw: This is the most classic model. It is very efficient and lightweight machines to handle. To use them, you should only make a guide in wood or aluminum. And, trace the angles of the cut that are needed.
- The electric saw: This is the model preferred by the carpenters since it is electric. It is most powerful than manual with variable speed.
- The engine saw: It works as a gasoline-based engine. It is a model rarely used in workshops. They are usually used in remote areas to cut thick wood or even for domestic use.
Saws according to the needs it covers
- Basic miter machines: They are used because of the low cutting capacity. They are only limited to making miter and transversal cuts. They are ideal for simple cutting activities with cheap prices.
- Composite miter machine: This can be used as a basic saw and also one that allows bevel cuts. The bevel cuts will be in two ways the single and double bevel. It will depend on the need of the cut to be made to the material. These are mostly used by carpenters and professionals because of their capacity.
- Sliding mower: This incredible versatile model allows you to make different cuts in thick and wide materials. It is used by professionals who work continuously with a machine. The price of the saw is higher than the others.